Individual support is available.
Fox Valley Hands of Hope provides one-on-one loss-of-life support for youth ages 5-18. Sessions are conducted by a clinician specializing in children’s grief and may address loss issues such as anticipatory grief, death loss, or other losses due to life circumstances.
After-school sessions are held in the FVHH clinician’s office on Tuesday afternoons and/or evenings, by appointment only.
Individual needs are assessed through collaboration between Fox Valley Hands of Hope clinical staff, parents/guardians and the child. Recommendations are made by the clinical team to best support the child in need.
For more information or to schedule an assessment, call 630-232-2233
The Project Hope school-based grief support program, now active in more than two dozen schools throughout the Fox Valley community, supports students ages 5 through 18. Fox Valley Hands of Hope collaborates with your school’s staff to identify students’ loss-related needs and how to implement individual and/or group support. Sessions are held within the school day, on a weekly basis.
Grief-related needs may extend beyond death loss to other areas of grief – such as anticipatory grief, or loss of a family member due to the changing of family circumstances.
Benefits of school-based grief support:
– Accessibility to support within a familiar environment
– Students are made aware of others at their school who have loss-related needs
– The grief process is “normalized” through interactions with other students
– It provides an outlet for emotional needs which then helps the student throughout their academic day
– Collaboration between Fox Valley Hands of Hope’s bereavement team and school staff encourages a positive link between emotional and academic performance
Interested in establishing a Project Hope program within your school? Parents and guardians are invited to contact Jill Thorson, Child Bereavement Services Coordinator at Fox Valley Hands of Hope, to learn more about this successful program; contact Jill at 630-232-2233 x225 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org