Employment with Fox Valley Hands of Hope
Fox Valley Hands of Hope works to enhance the quality of life and to provide hope to those experiencing grief or life-threatening illnesses. The organization’s staff and trained volunteers continuously provide unsurpassed support to all those needing help with their losses and FVHH looks forward to adding to our care team!
Fox Valley Hands of Hope is seeking a Director, Spanish Language Grief Services to begin June 1, 2022. This full-time exempt position is ideal for a compassionate, collaborative, and competent counselor and program developer. As FVHH continues to support those in our communities who struggle from death loss, this newly created position will facilitate an expansion of our services to those whose primary language is Spanish and whose cultural expressions are reflective of the diversity of Hispanic/Latine communities.
Working closely with our current clinical team, the Director, Spanish Language Grief Services will provide direct support to grieving clients, foster volunteer involvement in programming, assess and respond to the unique needs of our Hispanic/Latinx neighbors, facilitate community partnerships, and contribute to FVHH’s expertise in responding to death loss, bereavement, and grief.
To be considered for this position, submit a cover letter in both English and Spanish describing your interest, along with your resume, to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing applications after April 10 and continue until the position is filled.
Fox Valley Hands of Hope, established in 1981, is a nonprofit agency devoted to compassionate care for those experiencing loss. We provide all services at no cost to clients.
Fox Valley Hands of Hope offers a flexible, safe, and caring work environment, competitive pay, generous benefits, and a commitment to personal and organizational learning. We are an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The Director of Spanish Language Grief Services for Fox Valley Hands of Hope (FVHH) is directly responsible for the development and provision of culturally congruent grief services for Spanish-speaking clients.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Masters degree in social work or counseling with current IL state licensure (LPC, LCPC, LSW or LCSW)
- A minimum of 1 year clinical experience in the areas of grief and loss, individual and group counseling
- Bilingual speaking/writing fluency is a requirement (English and Spanish)
- Ability to work interculturally
- An understanding of the unique needs of grieving clients and the psychosocial dynamics of death loss for all ages
- Ability to continually assess and anticipate programmatic needs and develop thoughtful plans of service to meet client and agency needs
- Excellent organizational skills to maintain client caseload, accurate case records and ensure proper data collection according to FVHH standards
- Proven collaborative skills – experience working cooperatively with other clinicians, administrative staff, and volunteers in a non-profit setting preferred
- Demonstrated excellent professional, proactive and compassionate communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong ambassador for the agency
- Keen problem-solver, can set and balance priorities
- The ideal candidate is an open-minded learner who can flex with change
- Experience in program design a plus
- Ability to use technology (computers, video conferencing, etc) in the fulfillment of responsibilities
- Must have valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and the ability to drive to locations throughout FVHH service area
JOB DUTIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Develop, plan, oversee and implement programs and partnerships as per the mission of FVHH
- Embrace and practice teamwork within the clinical team and with other staff members
- Effectively work with community partners to establish and provide services
- Support FVHH clients individually and/or in group settings as needed in the office as well as in the field
- Train, collaborate with and support FVHH volunteers
- Adhere to HIPPA and the Professional Code of Ethics set forth by assigned licensure and FVHH
- May be required to adjust work hours to accommodate evening and/or weekend groups, individuals, training and FVHH events
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 depending on related experience
Eligible for Benefits: Yes
Employee Class: Exempt
Fox Valley Hands of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for the Director, Spanish Language Grief Services position, please send resume and cover letter written in both English and Spanish to Adriana Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Opportunities include patient and family care, bereavement one-on-one support, support group facilitation, Spanish language interpretation services, community outreach and ambassadorship, fundraising and event support, office administration support, and even gardening!